Morning Motivator – Bark Less, Wag More

"Well done is better than well said."
-Ben Franklin

I want to thank my good friend and personal Realtor, Josh Anderson, of Keller Williams in Nashville, TN for this great quote and continually pushing me to do more, better, faster!

Admittedly, I am a "TALKER." I really do not WANT to be… it's just the GIFT that God gave me. The only CHALLENGE with being a "talker" is that sometimes you are NOT a "doer." (If you have the gift of gab, I am sure you have heard that before yourself.)

One of the STRENGTHS of a great leader is their ability to "get things done." They talk, just enough, to get people MOVING in the right direction, or maybe just themselves. They UTILIZE their time by doing what needs to be completed to see the end goal achieved. That doesn't always mean that they do the work – often it doesn't – it simply means they DO the work that needs their involvement… but they DO IT!

So this brings me to my "DO." I share this with you so you can serve as my ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER in a great process I plan to undertake. My goal is to Bark Less and Wag More…

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

At current my personal body weight is 234.6 lbs. I have always been a larger kid and never saw a piece of pizza that didn't look TASTY. I have, for many years, talked about getting FIT. Not "in shape," rather, get into a lifestyle of fitness, nutrition and EXCELLENT wellness.

The PRIMARY goal is lessening my body weight and increasing muscle. My SPECIFIC goal is to reach a target weight of 205lbs by Sunday, November 1st @ 5:00pm. That ALLOWS me 8 weeks to drop 30lbs, which will require AMPLE discipline, persistence and dedication.

As a matter of REPORTING accountability, I will report weight on Monday's and Friday's. I CHALLENGE you to accept a similar commitment and join me in this venture. Are you willing to CHALLENGE your lifestyle for greater long-term benefit?!

Two resources for lifestyle instruction: (1) "The Paleo Diet" by Loren Cordain and (2) webpage, crossfit.com

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::