Morning Motivator – The REAL Story about Customer Service

"Serving the customer ("customer service") is not becoming a personal concierge and catering to their every whim and want. Customer service is providing an excellent product at an acceptable price and solving legitimate problems (lost packages, replacements, refunds, etc.) in the fastest manner possible."
- Timothy Ferriss, author of "The 4-Hour Work Week"

Have you ever been told "the customer is ALWAYS right?" Did that CONFUSE you as much as it did me? I have never like that comment, nor have I ever BELIEVED it to be in any way true. Frankly, the customer is more often WRONG, grossly wrong, than they are ever right.

Think about it… if the customer was ALWAYS right, why would they need you? Your EXPERTISE, INSIGHT and professional CONSULTATION would be worthless. If they were RIGHT, then everything would be FREE, delivered YESTERDAY and never need any after purchase SUPPORT. Additionally, when YOU are the customer, you would always be right – which we both know is not TRUE. (I need help all the time and commonly have no idea what I want, just what I want in the end).

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
As a customer – what do you REALLY want? For me, I want a FAIR price and SOLUTIONS to my needs. I will pay a PREMIUM for expertise and support, as well as EXPECT a lesser rate in situations where I do not REQUIRE much education or support.

As a BUSINESS leader, I also expect that I am able to offer EXPERT services at a PREMIUM. Should the client require very little support or information, they can have it at a DISCOUNT.

Ultimately, my goal is to find a PARTNERSHIP with my clients, offering EQUAL expertise and support for an equal amount of candid discussion and financial investment. When we FOCUS on solving the questions of clients and pricing APPROPRIATELY, we will find that attracting and maintaining clients becomes a much more simple process…

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::