Morning Motivator – The Power of Your People…

"If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't follow. I'd be at the bottom to catch them when they fall."
- Unknown

I have to SHARE an AMAZING experience I have enjoyed in the past 24 hours…

On Saturday, I, in addition to 4 others teammates, will participate in the Nashville Oyster Race. This is a competitive "adventure race" mixing elements of a scavenger hunt with the diversity of a triathlon. (VERY COOL!) The most IMPRESSIVE element of the whole event is that each team is REQUIRED to fund raise for the benefit of the Nashville Greenway System (a collection of walking, cycling and nature pathways throughout the city). What a GREAT cause with personal and social benefits galore!

As of yesterday morning, my team was $100.00 SHY of our fundraising goal with LESS THAN 36 hours to meet it.

In an effort to ensure my team's efforts were SUCCESSFUL, I petitioned my personal teams of friends, partners and clients – all of whom I hold very dear and protect vigorously. Here's what happened…

Less than 24 hours later, we have RAISED $560.00 with an additional $100.00 in verbal commitments… WOW!! Again… WOW!!!!

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

What I have learned over time is that people, who SUPPORT and BELIEVE in you, do so because of the QUALITY of your character and actions. They are the ones that will ALWAYS be in your corner to defend your decisions, support your passions and give you the leeway to get "off course" without lasting retribution. Can you THINK of any greater group of people to be ENGAGED with?

Sometimes, we don't fully UNDERSTAND the associations and relationships we maintain in life. Sometimes, they show little surface VALUE or they become distant over time. However, I do know this… These people that have SUPPORTED me are EXACTLY the ones I thought would. And WHEN they need me – I will be there…

Because that is what you do FOR your PEOPLE!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::