Morning Motivator – 2 Years, 1 Month, 19 Days…

"Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time."
- Unknown

SPECIAL NOTE: Before anything else today – I want to wish my lovely sister, Ashley, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I love you.

This week I was asked how long I have been publishing the Morning Motivator. I wasn't totally CERTAIN… I just knew it had been quite some time. My CURIOSITY got the best of me this morning and I looked it up. Every business day for 2 Years, 1 Month, 19 Days…

The question POSED after the time inquiry was, "WHY?" Why spend all the TIME to create the Morning Motivator? What do you GET from it? Where do you see it GOING in the future? All great questions… with SIMPLE answers.

Many years ago, I started an email newsletter for my, then, mortgage business at SunTrust. My ORIGINAL mentor, and then Senior VP, Bill Long, said, "If you start it, you better make sure you are committed to delivering it consistently, otherwise no one will respect it or you." Thus the simple answer as to WHY spend the time… because I want it to BENEFIT people through education and be RESPECTED by those that read it. As a result, the TIME must be spent and as for what I GET… well, I am refining my skills as an EDUCATOR. Maybe one day, I will be able to reach a larger group and make a greater IMPACT (maybe even some financial gain).

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
PERSISTENCE is one thing that no one can DISCARD as an undesirable trait.

As a business leader, we RESPECT people that consistently give best efforts to achieve SUCCESS. With consideration to personal ACHIEVEMENTS, we glorify stories of people whose relentless pursuit of excellence was the differentiator between MEDIOCRITY and EXCELLENCE.

What do you BELIEVE in so profoundly that you are unwilling to RELENT from your efforts? What DRIVES you so deeply that you are willing to make sacrifices of time, money and energy to see them achieved? What DEFINES you as a person and a professional?

As a final note, I think it is IMPORTANT to recognize that your CAREER may not be the "end all, be all" of your life. Your PERSISTENCE is not tied to a job, a charity or a goal. It is a DEFINING characteristic of your overall nature. If you are FOCUSED, PERSISTENT and PROFESSIONAL… it will come through in all aspects of your life!!

Go POSITIVELY CHANGE the world… PERSISTENTLY!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::