Morning Motivator - What's YOUR Business Type?

"A business is one of three things: Operationally Efficient, Client Intimate or Innovative. You better choose ONE to be successful."
- Jason Carpenter, CEO, MidSouth Consulting Group

I must admit that the above quote RESONATED with me when I heard it. I never really thought about the TYPE of business I was in.

Companies that STRUGGLE often do so out of an identity crisis. They want to be "customer centric" when their clients want high operational service. Some seek to be process driven, when their clients need more CUSTOMIZATION in their ordering. Very few of us are INNOVATORS (such as Apple or Google).

What is YOUR business? Are you client focused? Do they need extra time with you to feel COMFORTABLE? If not, you better be up on your processes...

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
Understanding your SKILL SET is critical in defining your business.

For me, I am very client intimate. I build and maintain deep relationships as a goal in my life. As such, my processes sometimes FALTER.

Solution: PARTNER with groups/people that are Operationally Efficient, while lacking client intimacy! Solve EACH others challenges by fulfilling the shortcoming.

Amazing concept, eh??

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::