Morning Motivator – Success is a Simple Measurement

"The trouble with measurement is its seeming simplicity."
- Unknown

In what area of your life do you want to be SUCCESSFUL?  Be specific.  Weight?  Finances?  Career?  Relationships?  Cool.  Next, what are you MEASURING to ensure you are being successful? 

I share with you my personal GLIMMER of success. 

A few years ago, I broke my leg severely resulting in a year-long rehabilitation, including 3 months of only being allowed to lay on a couch, not putting any weight on my leg.  At the time of the injury, I weighed 196 lbs with a body fat percentage of 7%.  In the past year, my weight has BALLOONED to 245lbs (not bad if I was a linebacker) and a body fat percentage of "too much." 

In the past month, I have CUT over 10 lbs and now weigh in at 234.8lbs.  It was actually pretty SIMPLE too…

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
The past months successes are DRIVEN by a daily measurement of my dietary consumption.  I have downloaded an application to my Droid X phone that allows me to log my daily foods and provides me the dietary measurements as a result.

Now, I know WHAT I am eating and how much.  I am now able to MEASURE my calories and the quality of the food (protein vs. carbs).  I know when I go OVER my daily intake and am able to CELEBRATE daily when I stay under my target.

Most INTERESTING is how SIMPLE it is.  The measurement YIELDS success and the awareness of understanding WHAT causes prior failures are now apparent. 

How SUCCESSFUL could you be if you were EASILY able to see the right and wrongs of what you are doing?  Just measure it… IT IS SIMPLE!  (Remember, SUCCESS is always found in SIMPLICITY)

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::