Morning Motivator - Better Business? How?

"You should join the Better Business Bureau."
-Concerned Patron

As many of you know, I frequently question the actions of businesses and their leaders. I believe that is how we make ourselves better. Next subject: Better Business Bureau (BBB).

What does the BBB do? How is that they create a "better business" environment? When people make complaints to the BBB, what happens? If you are like me, you have NO IDEA what the answers are to these questions...YET, everyone seems to think you should be a member. Hmmm...

I believe very deeply that business should be run better and also believe there is a group of people out there that is already in place to correct or eliminate businesses that are run poorly. Likely, you have met them before. Yep, clients (or customers as some call them).

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP: The idea behind the BBB, as I understand it, it to create a common interest group of businesses committed to doing good business. HUH? Are all businesses not in the business of doing good business already?

When you walk in the door of a business, is their goal not to provide you a service or product at a price at which you are willing to buy? If the service is poor or the product is not a good fit, then you DO NOT BUY. Right? You SURELY do not go back!!

I am not calling for the banishment of the BBB, rather a new focus for business owners. When I see your BBB sign, I do not ASSUME you provide a great business experience. I wait until you impress or fail me before I pass that judgement...and will show it to you by whether I ever return!

Repeat clients. Now THAT is BETTER BUSINESS!

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::