Morning Motivator - A Message About War

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
- Mahatma Gandhi

I try not to get too personal or too extreme in my MM writings, but I must say that today my ass is chapped! So hang on...

First, while a fiscal conservative, I am not a full fledged Republican. I am an American. Additionally, I am very appreciative that I get to live in a country where I am able to speak my mind, build my own success and choose my life's path. I am, however, extremely pissed off at all the people that bitch and moan about how bad the US is and how we need to keep ourselves out of the affairs of other countries.

I hear today, someone say, "I am not celebrating Veterans Day. We shouldn't even be fighting in these wars!" And yes, your buddy Zach, did say something. I told this obviously extremely liberal hippie, college kid that has no idea about liberty or sacrifice. He lives in a world where he can skip class and go to McDonalds to stand in line and bitch about affairs he knows nothing about. I told him, in other countries he would be shot for saying that! Funny... He said nothing in return.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP: Look, here is the deal... The liberties you have to Occupy Wall Street, start a business, even as far as having a child are provided by the many deaths of people sacrificing their time, safety and potentially their life so you can buy a new iPhone and complain about wars in a fancy coffee shoppe.

You may not like WAR - frankly, no one does -but it is a reality. It has been a part of human society since time began. It is not political, it is about survival. If you do not think that protecting your interests are important, then let someone come rob you or break into your home. Then see if you think protecting yourself is important.

Today is VETERANS DAY. Agree with war or not, you better go out and tell someone that has served THANK YOU. Give them a hand shake or a hug and let them know you appreciate their efforts to allow you to be free of tyranny, unfair taxation and torture. Lastly, if you think the US is really that bad. Try visiting another country other than any in the UK. Middle Africa, the Middle East or Eastern Europe are my suggestions. Good luck!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all our military and service people. I know I get to rant, because you made a choice to defend my right to do so. I hope I can honor you better one day soon.

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::