Morning Motivator - Doing the Best Thing (when you don't want to)

"We control fifty percent of a relationship. We influence one hundred percent of it."
- Anonymous

Amazing what can be learned on a lazy weekend if we pay ATTENTION. I want to share with you a learning lesson I KNOW, yet often DON'T apply -
Doing the BEST thing (long term benefit) even if you personally don't "feel like it". Let me explain...

This weekend, like many others, my goal was to RELAX and spend some QUIET time. Friday night I was asked to play in a poker game (sounds fun, but I'm tired), Saturday to play golf (still tired) and Sunday to do some training for the Marathon upcoming (OMG! Are you kidding me?!). ... Guess what I did?

I went with each group to PARTICIPATE. Why? What I have found is that you are often asked to JOIN a group for something and yet we do not have the VISION to see the value of building those relationships. We are all often offered small opportunities to GROW our relationships by spending a few QUALITY hours together. Are you taking ADVANTAGE of those chances?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
This success step is very simple to IDENTIFY and IMPLEMENT. The next time, REPEAT, the next time a friend, family member or colleague asks you to join them for something that allows QUALITY relationship building... GO!!

If it doesn't conflict with an existing commitment... GO!! You will appreciate the benefits you receive.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com



The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::