Morning Motivator – Finding Victory in Disappointment

"Ones best success comes after their greatest disappointments."
- Henry Ward Beecher

One of the best days of my life was the day I was elected President of the Nashville Area Junior Chamber of Commerce. The day I uncovered my character was one year prior – the day I LOST my bid for Presidency. It's funny that the next year when I ran (and won), I was so much more PREPARED, FOCUSED and DRIVEN. My PASSION never wavered, however my APPLICATION of passion is what became laser FOCUSED. From this I learned, DISAPPOINTMENT is sometimes the BEST thing to happen to you.

I have faced many CHALLENGES thus far in my life and expect a great many more to come. From an upper middle class childhood to homelessness and poverty, from a solid family core to divorced parents and mother working 3 jobs to help her children, from a kid that could have walked a path of drugs and crime (following some friends) to a college graduate and organizational President – I have seen my share of DEFEATS and VICTORIES. I am not asking anyone to feel sorry and pat me on the back… what I am asking is that you consider YOUR LIFE. You may feel "down and out" about something – but think… how FORTUNATE are you still? You are INTELLIGENT, PASSIONATE, DEDICATED and CREATIVE – YOU WILL OVERCOME and YOU WILL SUCCEED!

Never let DISAPPOINTMENT or NEGATIVITY be the driver of your future. Live out of INSPIRED PASSION and ACTION – never, I repeat NEVER out of FEAR. If you don't like something that is happening to you or around you – STAND UP, SPEAK YOUR MIND, TAKE ACTION and CHANGE IT! You CHOOSE your life and what happens in it… choose the path of SUCCESS.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

Staying POSITIVE is a lot of hard work. I understand how exhausting it can be to always take the high road and how draining it can be when you are "the glue" of your team, family or organization. Remember this: The person who shows the most strength inspires the most change and a 2 degree change in direction if often the adjustment required to move from accomplishing to ACHIEVING!

Here are some of the tools that I use to stay positive:

- Car time is MY TIME. I listen to MY music, I sing MY songs (as loud as I can) and I rarely take calls that are not about MY person enjoyment.
- I have a HOBBY (well, like 10 of them). I take photography (which helps me find beauty in my world), I write stories (which helps me vocalize my passions) and I play sports (which allows to me to vent frustrations in an aggressive way)
- I share my SUCCESS with my friends and mentors.
- I have found a way to apply my personal VISION and MISSION… hence the Morning Motivator

Simple pleasures will provide for profound change in your life. Make time for YOU and what YOU want to do. Steal 15 minutes for yourself today… they may be the best 15 you spend this week!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::