Morning Motivator - How to Please Everyone

"Work, love and play are the great balance wheels of man's being."
- Orison Swett Marden

Do you feel pulled in 10 different directions? Does it seem that EVERYONE wants a piece of you? Do you lack the TIME to give everyone the attention they need?

What is the secret to pleasing everyone? Not to try! Yes, you have heard that before, so I want to REINFORCE it for your again - DO NOT TRY TO PLEASE EVERYONE. This concept is a personal CHALLENGE as I am very insecure about how people perceive me and thus want EVERYONE to like and RESPECT me. Here's the TRUTH I (and you) have to learn - pleasing everyone will NEVER happen! Even, Barney the Purple Dinosaur has people that he (is it a he?) can't please.

The GOAL is to find a BALANCE of pleasing others and ACCOMPLISHING the tasks you need to in order to ENSURE your long term fulfillment. Think of it like this - if your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend is NOT the right person for you, yet you stay with them to "please" them, what do you expect will happen to you long term?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

What should we do if we can't please ALL these people? BE TRUE to yourself. Stick to your VALUES and MORALS. Personally, I have DISCOVERED a great volume of PEACE in my life in the past 18 months and I have enjoyed it by living the following ideal:

"I can only be honest with myself. If I am honest about my desires and intentions taking action according to those values, what occurs as a result is EXACTLY what should happen - good or bad."

When you are honest with yourself and others... the RESULTS are honest too.

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::