Morning Motivator- A Trip to the “Cannery”

"Success comes in cans, not cant's."
-Brian Tracy

When I began my term as President of the Nashville Junior Chamber, I made one comment that I still hold dear to my heart – "Don't tell me you 'can't' do anything!"

Can't is one of those words that drives me NUTS. It is an EXCUSE for not working harder, smarter or collaboratively. Can't is the FOUR LETTER WORD your mom should have washed your mouth out for saying. Can't IS what keeps you from SUCCESS…

And yet, so many people are ADDICTED to "Can't"… why? Could it be that we often SETTLE for results that are defined by "can't?" Is this a result of our "give it to me now" mentality that says either I can or I can't, but I won't work to see if you are WRONG?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
If you want to be SUCCESSFUL… better yet, if you EXPECT to be successful – ABOLISH the word "Can't."

When you begin working in the mindset of a PROBLEM SOLVER, you will see that can't is where the losers quit and winners get CREATIVE. Often, people don't know what they want; they have an idea of it. They WILL ask for a specific of what they BELIEVE that "want" is. If you say "can't" then you have missed the OPPORTUNITY…

Winners, creative thinkers, problem solvers make SUGGESTIONS and expert RECOMMENDATIONS of what CAN be done to achieve the clients need. The client is likely OPEN MINDED to alternatives if they achieve the same end goal.

So, the next time you hear someone say CAN'T – slap them – then make them give you alternatives… they will thank you later. Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::