Morning Motivator - A New Level of Thinking

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
- Albert Einstein

A good friend of mine, Jeremiah Pyron, met with me last night to review the book we have selected to study this quarter, "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey. We discussed GOAL setting and how SUCCESS is a developed through successful execution of patterns.

Of course, we began to discuss work and how to do BETTER, FASTER. We discussed challenges in the workplace, issues facing client management and how to BEST create effective processes. What I was most IMPRESSED with was the PRESSURE that was placed on me when challenged to discuss better ways of achieving my established goals. Why would this be so CHALLENGING?

As someone that has a very STRONG personality, one that can sometimes be "too intense", I can be CHALLENGED with a reluctance and resistance to LISTENING to others idea about a "better way." Like many others, maybe even you, I tend to BELIEVE that my ideas are best the majority of the time (actually all of the time). Why? Simple... they usually work. However, do they work BEST? Do I get MAXIMUM results from people and myself? How would I even know the DIFFERENCE?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
As a RULE, success breeds IGNORANCE. The more successful you become, the more you BELIEVE that your way or that your THOUGHTS processes are always the best. BEWARE Young Skywalker... You are walking a very dangerous path with the "dark side."

The challenge you become faced with after a number of successful "wins" comes when you are confronted by a PROBLEM that you cannot break through! "Well, my way always works," you will say, as you continue to beat your head against the wall in an effort to "win" some kind of ego challenge.

How will you ever THINK in a new way to confront a new challenge? What if you are successful in SPITE of your efforts? Is it possible that your IDEAS really aren't that good after all?

I am not saying give up on your ideas. I am confident that they ARE great. Rather, I am SUGGESTING that you continue to listen to others ideas. You may find they are ACTUALLY better than yours. And the best part... you didn't have to work hard to ATTAIN them!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::