Morning Motivator – What Game are You Playing?

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
- Albert Einstein

I may have mentioned this prior; however, it is WORTH repeating.  My father once told me, "NEVER play another man's game… you cannot win." 

I used to think this just APPLIED to sports and cards, yet, what he was really telling me is to get other to play MY games, the ones I knew best and knew I could win consistently.  His advice was for me to become the MASTER of my own skill sets, have advanced KNOWLEDGE of unique thoughts, and APPLY them in a way that others would have difficulty replicating.

WHOA!  Maybe we SHOULD listen to our parents afterall…

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
What is YOUR game?  What do you do BETTER than those around you?

Note that you do NOT have to be the best… just better than almost everyone else.  Be the MASTER of the room, not the world.

Like it or not, your special skill is your "game" and the thing you should be challenging others to as often as possible.  Whether it is networking, politics, sales or management, you should be DRIVING your special skills to others as often as possible.

Try not to make it FEEL like you are winning a game or even challenging them, rather, allow them access to LEVERAGE your masterful skills as a partner – then do the same with their skills!  You may find that you are able to WIN the bigger game if you team up to win the smaller ones…

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::